Thursday, February 21, 2008

Snowy University of Illinois

Another strong storm system trekked across southern Illinois tripping Winter Storm Warnings all across the Ohio Valley. Up north in central Illinois we were left with only a couple inches of the white stuff. After sitting around for a while watching the snow I decided to make use of myself and headed out to the University of Illinois campus to take in some of the scenery being covered with the at times, heavy snow. Of course, during most of the time I was walking around the snow had let up considerably. The winds of course, did not so it was again another brief outing. I started near the Engineering Quad north of Green Street.



Soon I ventured south a couple blocks to the intersection of Green Street and Wright Street. Below are a couple shots of the Alma Mater and Altgeld Hall. There was another photographer walking around the same area at this time.





After spending a chunk of time in this area I ventured further south to the Quad near the center of Campus. I ran into the other photographer in this area again, as we both nabbed a few shots of the Quad, and surrounding areas.





No comments: