Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Snow Covered Homer Lake

After a very busy beginning to the week I was finally left with some down time Wednesday afternoon so I decided to head out and get some shots of the freshly fallen snow. I had not been over to the Homer Lake area in a while so I decided that'd be where I'd go first.

Light snow had fallen earlier in the morning and had left a nice dusting across the area, and with the always fluctuating temperatures the lake had no idea what it wanted to do with itself and was a mix of thick ice and flowing water.








After walking around the northern peninsula for a while I decided to venture down a trail leading around the southeast corner of the lake. There really wasn't a lot to see down on that end, and with temperatures hovering in the single digits I was ready for a break from the cold. The trail was frozen solid, and covered in a thin layer of slick snow and I almost bit it a couple of times which could have potentially been bad in a couplp\e of spots where the trail goes right along side the lake. Once I got back to the car I warmed up for a bit and then drove around to the west end of the lake where I found another trail and got walking again.




No comments: